TRAINING PROVIDED BY THE LABORATORY:
The laboratory is regularly conducting training programmes for Police and Judicial officers in the aspect of Forensic Science. The laboratory is also imparting regular training to Police Officers on Anti Drug Trafficking and Drug Law Enforcement on Narcotic Drug & Psychotropic substance. Some of the training programmes conducted by this laboratory are enumerated below:
- 3 days Special Training to the Assam Police Armourers.
- Three days Training courses to Grade III Judicial Officers of Assam on Forensic Science and its Application in Criminal Justice System.
- 6 weeks Training to Afgan CNPN Chemists at Kabul, Afghanistan by Dr. S. K. Datta, Deputy Director.
TRAINING/WORKSHOP/SEMINAR/CONFERENCE ATTENDED BY OFFICERS
The scientific personnel of this laboratory are regularly deputed for undergoing training and workshop programs organized by various institutions to keep abreast of latest technical development in modern methodologies to cope with the variety of material exhibits sent for examination. During the year under review, following scientific personnel have attended the following training/workshop program organized by different institutions:
- Dr. Padmapani, Deputy Director of Explosive Division attended 5 days 9 th International Symposium on “ Analysis and Detection of Explosives (ISADE)” held in Paris from July 2 to July 6, 2007.His presentation on “Explosives and Explosive-Devices used in India and North-East” was highly appreciated.
- Shri Samudra Baishya, Scientific Officer of Toxicology Division attended 3 days HRD Training course entitled “Uncommon Poisons-their isolation” at Raipur, Chhattishgarh.
- Dr. D.J. Hazarika, Scientific Officer of Drugs & narcotics Division attended 3 days Training on “Nuclear and Other advanced Analytical Techniques in Forensic Science ” at BARC, Mumbai.
- Shri Monoranjan Talukdar, Scientific Officer of Ballistics Division attended 3 days 1 st Annual Convention of Forensic Ballistics at New Delhi.